Neighbourhood Meeting LocationsPlaces we have held meetings during the period we travelled around the area we represent. Many thanks to these kind people who accommodated our needs so well.
- Christ Church
- Polwarth Parish Church
- St Michael’s Parish Church
- Eric Liddell Centre — The Eric Liddell Centre hosts a large number of community activities from lunch clubs and exercise classes for the elderly through judo for kids to Pilates classes and slimming clubs for all-comers.
- North Merchiston Club
- Merchiston Tennis and Bowling Club
North Merchiston Club provides facilities for martial arts, football, table tennis and other youth sports. The churches also all host various clubs and groups for all sections of the community. It is well worth looking at what is available in our area.
Neighbourhood WatchMerchiston and Polwarth Neighbourhood Watch
We are strongly associated with Merchiston and Polwarth Neighbourhood Watch and have assisted others to be set up.
- Friends Of Harrison Park — this is a closed Facebook group which anyone with an interest in the park is invited to join.
- Cockburn Association — Edinburgh Civic Forum — The Edinburgh Civic Forum was set up in the late 1980s as a forum for community councils, local street associations, amenity and partnership bodies to discuss issues of common interest and keep up to date with local and national planning policy.
- Friends of the Meadows and Bruntsfield Links
Government at all levels
- City of Edinburgh Council
- Scottish Parliament
- UK Government
- European Parliament liaison office in Edinburgh
- Lothian Buses — bus routes and timetables, and more. E.g. local traffic news / diversions; Park and Ride information.
- First Buses — bus routes and timetables
- Enterprise Car Club in Edinburgh — Don’t own it; no tax or Insurance worries, just drive it
- Spokes — Edinburgh and Lothian Cyclists Organisation
- Traffic Scotland — Up-to-date traffic and roads information
- Traveline Scotland — Plan your journey by public transport