Extensive changes proposed on Newbattle Terrace and Pitsligo Road
City of Edinburgh Council’s proposed road changes on Newbattle Terrace and Pitsligo Road are already causing heated discussion among residents.
According to the CEC consultation website, the aim of the scheme is to improve the streetscape and make it a more welcoming place by:
- Eliminating uneven surfaces and drainage problems
- Replacing missing street trees with suitable species
- Introducing continuous at-level footpaths over all junctions within the scheme whereby pedestrians have priority over vehicles
- Installing a signalised pedestrian crossing to the west of Pitsligo Road
- Improving the area at the junction with Pitsligo Road by widening footpaths and reducing traffic by making the south part of Pitsligo Road one-way northbound (away from Newbattle Terrace) with a southbound contraflow cycle lane on the one-way section
The consultation process is open until December 24th. Here is the link to the consultation page for you to view the proposed changes and submit your comments.
Please also add your point of view on our website in the comment section below. Newbattle Terrace is within Merchiston Community Council’s area and we are keen to hear from residents.